Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3 - Badger (modified)

Today we braved the Texas summer for 3 timed rounds of the following:

15 - Squat Cleans (65#, 95#)
15 - Pull Ups
800M Run

Rx calls for 30 Squat Cleans and 30 Pull Ups each round, but there was no way we were going to be able to keep up that. We DID do the prescribed weight, so it feels like we're making progress.

This WOD took me 30 minutes and 9 seconds. And the heat was a factor from the very first rep on the squat cleans. To be honest, the squat cleans were by far the easiest part of the WOD. I happen to like cleans anyway and with the weight so light, it felt pretty easy - at first. By the time I hit the last set, the heat had me dizzy. That makes it hard to concentrate on what I am doing. I lost count a couple of times, so it's possible I did a few extra reps. That's just how it goes.

We've decided to cut all hero workouts in half from here on out - including the run. We cut the number of reps on the squat cleans and the pull ups, but ran the full distance (a little longer actually since our loop is about 1100M). Next time, we'll cut the run as well. Maybe then we can finish in a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment