Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17 - WOD

Today's WOD seemed simple enough. 3 rounds for time of the following:

1000M Run
20 - Pull Ups
30 - Box Jumps

One of these days I'm not going to underestimate these dang WODs. At least that way I can prepare mentally for the Herculean effort needed to complete them.

This fairly straight forward looking WOD took me almost 30 minutes to complete (29:54, to be exact). Thirty minutes of effort in this sweltering, oppressive June heat! Is it October yet?

It was really the run that hit me the hardest. Being out in the full sun where the heat index was above 100F just sapped all my energy for everything else. Since I'm still using my Rogue power bands to assist with the pull ups, they were not the killer part of the WOD (like they have been in the past). And the box jumps ... well ... I felt pretty good about them, even though my legs were tired before even the first jump (thanks to that sweat soaked run that came first).

I guess there is some pride in staying that active for 30 minutes in this heat and humidity. But I swear my body radiated for HOURS after this. Even after a cold shower. It's WODs like this that make me wish we had a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment