Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 8 - Elizabeth

Today's WOD was "Elizabeth" and it looks like this:

21 - Cleans (95#)
21 - Ring Dips
15 - Cleans (95#)
15 - Ring Dips
9 - Cleans (95#)
9 - Ring Dips

We last did this WOD back in early May. Now that I have my Rogue Power Bands I don't have to do negatives on my ring dips. I really feel the difference now that I have these bands to help out. When doing the negatives, I felt it most in my triceps. But now with the bands helping me to do the full range of motion, I am able to feel the exercise in my chest as well. I know that this is key to building up the strength to do this exercise unassisted. I'm impatient and wish I could already do them properly, but I am trying to be happy with even small improvements.

I *am* pleased to say that I did the prescribed weight (for women) on the cleans though! WHOOP! It's taken me a while to work up to this. I mean, I could do a FEW at this weight, but not the full set. My time was not as good as the last time we did this WOD (10 minutes and 19.9 seconds today), but since I made 2 pretty big changes (doing the full weight for the cleans and using the bands to do the full range of motion on the dips) I am OK with that. I do hope that by the time we do this again that I can start to see some improvement in my times as well as the overall effort.

We followed all of this up with 30 knees to elbows and then 5 pistols (L & R).

This is our last full WOD before leaving for a little vacation tomorrow. The resort is supposed to have a small gym, so hopefully we can get in a little bit of jogging on the treadmill at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment