Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 15 - Hanging Power Snatch

Today's WOD featured the "hanging power snatch." If you've never seen this move, check out this short video. The snatch in general is not one of my strongest moves. I think that is because it is built upon the overhead squat. And I struggle SO MUCH with the overhead squat. With that said, I feel like I'm getting stronger and am working toward getting this move (and the OH squat) down right. I just need to keep working on it. And I need to put my pride aside & stick to low weights until I get the form down pat.

So today called for 5 sets of 3 reps each of the hanging power squat. I managed to do the following weights:

45#, 55#, 65#, 75#, 75# + 1 set of 3 reps @ 45# just to work on my form a bit more.

At the low weights, I can get the bar all the way overhead in one move, without pausing and having to press the weight the rest of the way up. But I am not getting underneath the weight like I should be. So I have a lot of work left to do on this move.

As usual, we finished up with 30 knees to elbows and 5 pistols (L & R).

I'm really glad this WOD didn't have a strong cardio component. It's really hot and humid out and all I really want to do is get back inside and get under the ceiling fans. Oh summer, you don't make it easy to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment