Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24 - WOD

Boy was I right about getting more sore after Friday's WOD! The weight may not have been very heavy, but when you add it up, we did 84 front squats! EIGHTY FOUR!

Then we got in a run yesterday hoping it would help to loosen us up a bit. But it did NOT. UG! In fact, I just felt MORE SORE afterward.

So we ditched the WOD we had planned for today and chose some exercises that would kill the OTHER parts of our bodies. Today we did this:

21 - Pull Ups
21 - Dips
15 - Pull Ups
15 - Dips
9 - Pull Ups
9 - Dips

I used the Rogue Monster Bands on both my pull ups and my dips. And I'm, again - as much as ever, impressed with how they are helping my workouts. I'm getting stronger on the pull ups. I can feel it with every pull. I'm not depending on the band to snap me back up. And I'm starting to get to the point where I can get a rhythm going on them. Feels good!

I added the band to the dips today too. I've been doing the regular dips (not the ring dips) without the bands. So yes, it's a bit of a blow to my pride to use them. But I realized I was not going through the full range of the exercise (which, I believe is why I am also struggling with the ring dips). So I set aside my pride and used the band. And, as I had hoped, it greatly improved my technique throughout the whole exercise. I'm going to keep using it for now and hopefully I can start weaning myself off of it soon.

Even with the bands, my muscles went to complete failure by the time I got to the last 2 repetitions. That's a good fail (imho).

This WOD took me just over 7 minutes to complete (7:06). I would have gotten under the 7 minute mark if I hadn't failed on those last 2 dips, but that's just the way it goes. Now I have a hard measure to shoot for the next time we try this one.

We also did 30 knees to elbows to finish things up.

This was a good, hard workout. My chest is already feeling the soreness setting in. Now my body is balanced - I hurt almost as much on the top as through my legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment