Monday, July 8, 2013

July 08 - Front Squats

Today's WOD was one of those that was more focused on heavy weights and good form. We did 5 sets of 3 reps each for the front squat.

The more we do these, the more I am liking them. I no longer feel like the weight is going to slide right down my arms. With my awesome shoes, I feel like I am pushing through my heels better than ever. And I know that a good front squat is instrumental in having a good clean and jerk, so I feel like I'm making progress on that exercise as well.

Today I managed the following weights:

set 1: 95#
set 2: 115#
set 3: 125#
set 4: 135#
set 5: 145#

I set a new PR in sets 3, 4, & 5! Set 5 was the hardest by far. And not just because I had done those other sets. That was the first set where I felt like I had trouble keeping the bar up high on my chest/shoulders. So I feel like I pushed my body as hard as I could. Any heavier and I wouldn't have been able to control the weight.

I'm feeling it already. But it's one of those where I'm glad to be hurting just a little. I feel like I *did* something today.

And that's saying something as I have been very unmotivated when it comes time to start our workouts. I don't know if it's the heat or what, but I just haven't felt like working out. Days like this keep me plodding forward, even when I don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment