Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27 - Cindy

Last Monday's tabata workout really put us off our schedule, so instead of staying off schedule and following up yesterday's WOD with a run day, we opted to do another WOD today. So we spun the hopper and ended up with "Cindy."

With "Cindy," you do AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of the following:

5 - Pull Ups
10 - Push Ups
15 - Squats

When we last did this WOD (back in January) we couldn't last the prescribed 20 minutes, so we cut it to 10. Today we decided to push ourselves and our already aching bodies to do the full 20 minutes.

I'm awful proud (& terribly sore) to report that we DID last the full 20 minutes and managed to do a full 17 rounds in that time. I am, of course, still using the bands to assist my pull ups. I like that a whole lot more than doing negatives.

Going the full 20 minutes, the day after another taxing WOD, well ... let's just say I didn't have the gas left for anything else. No ab work, no pistols. But I am really pleased that we got out there and did this WOD. It was hard and there was a point, around the 15 minute mark when I thought, "I've already done more/better than last time, I can quit now." But I held on and finished the workout.

And if for no other reason, that makes me feel good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment