Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17 - Nancy

Today's WOD is called "Nancy" and consists of 5 rounds of the following:

400 M Run
15 - Overhead Squat (45#)

The last time we did "Nancy" (back on May 6), I was psyched to report a finishing time of only 17 minutes and 51 seconds.

Today I am seriously proud to report a time of 24 minutes and 5 seconds (24:05.5). And while that may seem like a giant step backwards, it's not! Today, instead of the PVC pipe (which weighs not much more than a wet wash rag), I was able to do all 75 reps with the 45# bar! I could have done half that many reps and still been walking on air!

With that said, I'm again totally wiped out after this effort. So tired that we didn't do any pistols or knees to elbows, but both our legs and our core got plenty of use during the workout, so I'm not sweating that too much.

This is another one of those days when half of the battle was making it out to the garage. Wednesdays are my "meeting" day at work and as such it's one of the most draining days of the week. Got home and found a comfy spot on the couch and every part of my being was begging me to stay put, relax, and think about dinner. But instead, we tromped out to the garage, cleared the cars, and gave this WOD everything we had.

So I'm happy with our efforts. I'm thrilled to have graduated from the PVC pipe on the overhead squats. The run was enjoyable (for the first three rounds, anyway) due to the unseasonably cool weather (we had more rain!). Wonder Dad set a new best time for this WOD. And we didn't give in to the urge to stay put on the couch.

I'd say we did good today!

No comments:

Post a Comment