Saturday, July 20, 2013

July 20 - Fran

Trying to build on our efforts from the last time we did Fran, today we bumped up the weight we were using on the thrusters and I went to smaller bands on my pull ups.

Officially, this is what we did today:

"Fran"

21 - Thrusters (90#)
21 - Pull Ups
15 - Thrusters (90#)
15 - Pull Ups
9 - Thrusters (90#)
9 - Pull Ups

My time was improved by around a minute (9:39.9 this time) and on the whole I was feeling pretty good about this. I thought I was sneaking up close to the prescribed women's weight of 95# on the thrusters.

Except ....

*sigh*

Except that 95# is NOT the prescribed weight for women. In fact, the prescribed weight is 65#! So once again, I have made a WOD even harder than it needs to be. *double sigh*

We're going to re-do this WOD in a few weeks. And for a change we are both going to both be using the prescribed weight.

Maybe then I won't have to sit in the corner with a dunce hat after the workout.

Oh, and we finished with 35 knees to elbows. I'm already feeling my abs ache. Along with most of the rest of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment