Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15 - WOD

Today's WOD called for 3 rounds for time of the following:

15 - Hanging Power Clean (75#)
15 - Burpees

This is yet another case where, in print, this WOD doesn't look like much. I mean, really, we just did 45 of the cleans and 45 burpees. But in reality that means we did FORTY FIVE cleans and FORTY FIVE burpees.

I submit that anything over 10 burpees is excessive (and arguments could be made for a threshold of 5 burpees).

This effort took me a total of 8 minutes and 11 seconds (8:11.4). And it completely sapped me of all energy. Even though today is noticeably cooler (thanks to a day of rain! whoop!), I was absolutely wiped out! I don't know how dinner is going to make it to the table because all I want to do is go lie down now.

Maybe I can find some moral victory in the fact that we did a tough workout on a Monday. That alone deserves some kudos, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment