Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1 - WOD

Today's WOD is another one that just features a single exercise: thrusters.

I wasn't really looking forward to this as we hit the shoulders pretty hard yesterday with all of those clean and jerks, but I guess that is just how it goes. There's no such thing as an easy WOD and almost all of them hit the whole body in one way shape or form (there is no "leg day" or "arm day", etc).

The one good thing about today's WOD is that there is no time component. The idea is to work strength and form, so no rushing through it today. This WOD is broken in to 7 sets of only 2 reps. The idea is to keep increasing the weight with each set and to hit a PR near the last set or two.

My thruster WOD looked like this:
set 1: 2 @ 75#
set 2: 2 @ 80#
set 3: 2 @ 85#
set 4: 2 @ 90#
set 5: 2 @ 95#
set 6: 2 @ 100# (this was a new PR for me)
set 7: 2 @ 105# (another PR)

I was pretty pleased with the new PR. I struggled to complete the move in both of those last 2 sets, but I was able to lock out my arms and finish, so I'm pretty happy.

Again, my new lifting shoes performed great and my feet were not cramping at the end. So I'm feeling better about having splurged on them now. I hope they hold up as well when we get to box jumps and/or jump rope exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment