Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22 - Inertia

Today's WOD was all about overcoming Newton's 1st Law of motion that says "An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force."

Lately we have most certainly been at rest. It started with an injury. And then we added a mega killer WOD. And then we topped all of that off with a few 14 hour work days.

Bottom line - our bodies needed a break. And so we were forced to take it easy.

But today we made up our minds to break the cycle of inertia (where rest breeds more rest). So our break in WOD featured this:
3 Rounds for time of the following:
400 M run
50 - Squats

My first run was down right pathetic. But things got better as my body warmed up. And in the end, I finished in 15 minutes & 37 seconds.

We finished off our efforts with push ups (I did 30), sit ups (I did 50), and knees to elbows (I did 20).

All in all, it feels good to be "in motion" again. Hopefully we can keep it up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment