Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26 - WOD

I know I sound like a broken record, but ....

When we were writing down today's WOD, we both caught ourselves saying "is that it?"

I should have known. I should have known RIGHT THEN that we were in for more than we bargained for.

So ... without further whining ... today's WOD looked like this ...

Five rounds (for time) of the following:
7 - Pull Ups
7 - Dips
400M Run

The pull ups/dips combo we did like this... 1 pull up, 1 dip. This is our "work around" for not yet being able to do muscle ups. My chest is quite sore - we haven't done dips in a while and I could feel it from the very first set.

The run wasn't a lot of fun either, but that got better with each round. It was probably the hottest it's yet been this spring and I felt it. But on the whole, the run felt OK.

I'm not terribly happy with my time (24 minutes and 11 seconds) but I guess not every WOD is going to feature PRs.

We followed this up with 20 knees to elbows. I am really liking the hanging straps we got for this exercise!

I'm kinda glad Wonder Boy's piano lesson got cancelled because I'm wiped out now. Time to find the couch and stay there a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment