Thursday, April 4, 2013

April 4 - WOD

There's no soccer game tonight (for a change), so we thought we'd take the opportunity to try the 13.5 Open WOD.

This one was a bit tricky to understand, but it goes something like this:

Each round is broken into 2 exercises:
15 - Thrusters (65#)
15 - Chest to Bar Pull Ups

The goal is to do as many reps as possible (AMRAP) in 4 minutes. But here comes the tricky part. IF you manage to complete at least 3 sets (90 reps total) in that 4 minutes, then you get an additional 4 minutes to keep going.

If by the end of 8 minutes, you have done 6 sets (180 reps), then you get another 4 minutes, etc.

The is pretty comfortable for me, but I knew the pull ups would be difficult (& they were). I managed 59 reps in the first 4 minutes. So yes, that means I did not get an additional 4 minutes to keep going.

As you can guess, I was gasping for air and falling to the floor at the end of my 4 minutes. FOUR minutes. But it was a kick butt 4 minutes.

Enough said. :+P

No comments:

Post a Comment