Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7 - Pain on the Pitch

Tough, tough game tonight. We only had 6 players show up, which means we played down a man the entire game. NOT fun.

On the up side, we actually won this game. How that happened, I will never fully understand. I feel like they played better, but I guess some times it's better to be lucky than good.

On the down side (WAY down), we had even MORE injuries. In fact, of the 6 players that walked out onto the pitch, only ONE PERSON walked off after the game w/out a limp. Wonder Dad and I were both among the wounded warriors. I took a charge late in the game that knocked me flat and already a HUGE bruise is coming up on my knee. And somehow, in all of that, *I* drew the foul. Doesn't seem right.

Wonder Dad is much worse. He strained his calf. But since he knew we were already so short handed, he played goalie in the second half. And I'll be danged if he didn't shut out the other team!

What can I say? I married well!

Hopefully we'll both be able to make it back on the field next week. And hopefully a few more of our players will make an appearance as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment