Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 14 - 50/50 play

It's soccer night. And that means I'm worn out. But in that good way that means I actually got my bum up off the couch and made it to the game on-time.

That was more of a struggle for me today than usual. I'll admit it. I wanted nothing more than to camp out on the couch. A plate of cookies wouldn't be refused either (& I even had them on-hand). *sigh*

But our team has been so short handed as of late that I didn't want to add to that. So we did what we were supposed to do - and got up off the couch.

The game turned into a good news/bad news affair.

Good news: we actually had enough players show up that we had a couple of substitutes on the sidelines!

Bad news: Wonder Dad was hurt not 2 minutes into the game. It's actually the same injury he got in last week's game. When he was able to run on the treadmill yesterday we thought he'd at least be well enough to play goalie. But alas, it just wasn't meant to be. He spent the rest of the game on the sidelines with Wonder Boy coaching and cheering.

Good news: the team matched up well against us. There skill level was pretty similar and there were not a lot of young players on their roster. It's always more fun when that happens.

Bad news: we lost anyway. We had a lot of opportunities to score, but today was just no our day and we ended up on the low end of the score sheet.

Do I regret getting up off the couch? Not entirely. I mean, for me personally, no. I do not regret it a bit. I need to get up and get moving more often. But I do feel bad that Wonder Dad is hurt again.

I guess it's just that kind of 50/50 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment