Saturday, April 27, 2013

April 27 - a rare gym appearance

We've been enjoying our garage WODs so much lately that we haven't been to the gym very often. We've stopped by there to walk/run when the weather has been bad, but we haven't been on the gym main floor much.

Today we decided to take advantage of it though. Wonder Dad is still nursing a calf strain and I've got a soccer game tomorrow, so we didn't want to run. So off to the gym we went!

Today's workout looked like this:

Leg Extensions:
I did 6 sets of 10 reps at the following weights:
108#, 144#, 168#, 192#, 216#, 240#

Pulley Rows:
I did 3 sets of 10 reps at the following weights:
105#, 120#, 135#

Standing Leg Curls:
I did 2 sets of 10 reps at 45# (each)

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
I did 3 sets as follows:
30# (10 reps), 50# (7 reps), 50# (4+2 reps)

Seated Shoulder Press:
I did 2 sets of 10 reps at 25# (each)

And that, as they say, was that.

It was a good workout. We both felt pushed physically. And we hit the muscles in a different way than our WODs have been hitting them. I'm already sore - especially in my chest and shoulders. Hopefully it won't be too bad for tomorrow's soccer game. It's the last one of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment