Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12 - Clean & Jerk

Not everyone would believe this, but this clean & jerk ladder wasn't a bad way to top off my Mother's Day.

Set 1: 1 * 85#
Set 2: 1 * 95#
Set 3: 1 * 105# (pr)
Set 4: 1 * 95#
Set 5: 1 * 100#
Set 6: 1 * 105#
Set 7: 1 * 110#

20 - Knees to Elbows

I like to do cleans. I don't like to do clean and jerks nearly as much. Sue me.

Seriously, the press part is much harder than the clean part for me. But the Mother's Day fairies (you knew about those, right?) must have been smiling on me because I hit a new PR on set #3 and then topped it on set #7! How much does THAT rock?!

OK. I don't hate clean and jerks as much as I let on in the last paragraph. And I'm not just saying that because I hit those new PRs. I'm a fan of big, power movements like this. There's something about being able to get them just right that makes you (or at least me) feel good about yourself. If I ever manage to get the form of the snatch right, I'll bet I'll feel the same way. For now, I'll just have to be happy with this one WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment