Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29 - WOD

Today's WOD focused on (back) squats. It's actually been several months since these have been on the agenda for the day so I wasn't sure how I'd do. But all in all, I'd have to say I'm happy with the results.

SQUATS:
3 * 115
2 * 135
2 * 155
2 * 175
1 * 195
1 * 205
1 * 205
1 * 210
1 * 210

We followed these up with 25 knees to elbows and 5 Pistols (each leg). We're using the awesome Rogue Monster Bands to assist us in getting the right form for the pistols. I'm so glad to have another use for these bands. They are starting to make a pretty big impact in my workouts.

This wasn't a timed workout so we got to take as much time as needed to recover between sets. I needed it. Especially for the last 4 sets or so. It's funny how carrying weight on your shoulders/back can make it so hard to breathe.

I want to stop for a second and AGAIN say how much I am loving my lifting shoes. If you missed it before, I have been lifting in the Inov-8 F-Lite 185s for a few months now. And they have made SUCH a huge difference in my lifting. I was having a lot of foot pain - to the point of cramping - during our WODs. Even when the weight was light (which usually equates with a high volume of repetitions), my feet would just ACHE. And when you start focusing on how much you are hurting, it gets really tough to focus on the important things - like your form. And that leads to balance issues. And that actually leads to MORE pain.

That's not a fun cycle to be caught up in.

But these shoes have changed everything for me! And I really felt it during these lifts today. I could actually feel myself pushing through my heels. I felt stable. And my feet did not hurt during a single rep.

I wish Inov-8 would hire me to be a spokesperson... I *love* to tell people about the difference these shoes have made in my workouts. I don't even mind running (short distances) in them. I'm thinking of putting another pair of these (maybe their trail running shoe) on my Christmas list this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment