Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 18 - Jackie (modified)

Today's WOD is called "Jackie" and it consists of the following:

1000M Run (Rx is 1000M Row)
50 - Thrusters (45#)
30 - Pull Ups

I know I say it ALL THE TIME, but when I type it out, it looks so simple, almost easy. I mean, this WOD isn't even multiple rounds. Should be easy, right? HA! I think you know where this is going ...

It kicked my tail! I finished in 12 minutes and 32 seconds. That means I saved about 15 seconds off of my last time to do this WOD (back on March 1). I'm actually pretty happy with that. First off, it's a good 30F hotter than on the first of March. And my pull ups are slowly getting better. I did the first 18-20 in sets of 3 and 4 reps before I had to resort to doing negatives. That counts for something, right?

Happy Anniversary Wonder Dad! You've been my favorite workout partner for more than the 21 years we've been married. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather suffer my way through these WODs with. LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment