Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24 - Event 4 (modified)

The CrossFit regional competitions are now under way. There is even a local guy competing, so we've been following along on Facebook and the CrossFit Games website. I guess that is why we decided to try our hand at one of the events for our WOD today.

CrossFit Regional Event 4 (modified):

50 - Wall Ball (20#)
50 - Chest to Bar Pull Ups (green band assisted)
50 - Pistols (alternating l&r)
50 - Kettlebell Snatch (25#)

Rx called for 100 reps of each. Also, snatches were supposed to be with dumbbells, but we have kettlebells, so that is waht we used.

I was only about 3 reps into that first set of wall balls when I knew I would never make the 100 reps. *sigh* One of these days, I'm going to look at these WODs and say "that looks easy" and it's going to be TRUE. Unfortunately, that day is not today.

This effort today took me 17 minutes and 47 seconds to complete. The wall balls were pretty hard. We don't have a good wall for this, so we're not actually tossing it up against a wall. We're just tossing the ball straight up in the air to the prescribed height and catching it on the way down. Let me tell ya, it's quite a jolt when that ball comes falling back down. There are times when gravity just sucks.

One neat thing from today though .... we got in our "monster bands" from Rogue Fitness today and they are COOL! They provide some much needed assistance for my pull ups. This means that I don't have to jump and do negatives on my pull ups. I especially like this as I can work on better form while working up my strength. There are supposed to be all kinds of uses for these bands, but right now, I am just really glad to have them for my pull ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment