Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13 - Kelly (modified)

Today's WOD was _supposed_ to be 5 rounds for time. But someone forgot to pay the A/C bill for Texas and it got HOT. So we were only able to keep this up for 3 rounds.

I managed to do 3 rounds of the following:
400M run
30 - Box Jumps
30 - Thrusters (45#)

Strictly speaking, you're supposed to do 20# wall balls in place of the thrusters, but we didn't have a wall ball, so we substituted thrusters.

The heat really sapped every bit of my energy and it ended up taking me 23 minutes and 27 seconds to complete these 3 rounds. I think it would have taken at least an hour to do the full work out. But honestly, I was practically walking on the last run and I suspect I would have had to do step ups in place of the box jumps after that 3rd set. I was just plain spent.

Working out in the heat is going to take an adjustment or two, to say the least.

On the bright side ... Wonder Boy joined us for a while. He did the first full round with me. But all he really wanted to do was box jumps. So after we finished the first round, when I went out to run again, he stayed in the garage w/ his dad and did LOTS more box jumps. By the time Wonder Dad and I had both finished, Wonder Boy had done around 150 box jumps. He even experimented with various heights - he managed to nail an AWESOME 30" jump.

The boy is my hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment