Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20 - Helen

After taking it easy all day yesterday, we had to find a WOD that would really push us today. We chose "Helen" which consists of:

3 rounds for time of:

400M Run
21 - Kettlebell Swings (44#)
12 - Pull Ups

This part of our work out took me 16 minutes and 23 seconds. I decided to wear my favorite crossfit shoes for this WOD even though there was a run component. I wanted to see how they would do on a short run like 400M. And I'll be honest, they did a lot better than I expected. As they are very flat and very thin, I could feel every bump in the road, but I was also forced to run with a "proper" foot strike (mid- or fore-foot, not heel).

I don't think I'd want to run much further than the 3 rounds of 400M that we did in these shoes. I'm sure for longer distances my feet would get pretty tired, but for this distance it worked out well. And that way I knew I would have the stability I needed for the kettle bell swings.

My hips are REALLY worn out after this workout. And the heat is just MISERABLE. MISEARABLE, I tell you (in case you missed it the first time).

But despite that, we still managed to add a set of 25 knees to elbows to finish off. I think we deserve some time on the couch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment