Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mar 3 - For the Love of the Game

I've already mentioned it, but I really and truly L*O*V*E to play soccer. I'm not some super star. I consider it a good game if I make at least one good pass and at least one good defensive stop and if I walk off the field uninjured. That's all it takes for me, folks. I just love to play!

Tonight's game was another fun one. The ref didn't show up, so the final score won't count for anything. But the 2 teams decided to go ahead and at least get in a scrimmage. A friend's daughter who had come to cheer volunteered to keep the time and we all relied on the honor system for fouls and such.

Every time we play this team, it's a close game. And tonight was no exception. Even knowing that the final score wouldn't be recorded, our competitive natures kicked in and we battled for the entire 60 minutes. By the end of the game, we were starting to get a bit chippy with one another, but we all shook hands when the final "whistle" blew (actually, someone just hollered "Game Over!"). We finished the match in a 3-3 tie, which I think is the perfect outcome for an unsanctioned scrimmage.

I hope the league will give us the chance to replay the game when it will count in the standings.

For now though, it's back to our regular workout routine for a few weeks. Spring break starts next weekend, so we'll have some time off before we start back up. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment