Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nice & Easy

Got in a run during Wonder Boy's soccer practice tonight. As much as I enjoy watching him at practice, I have to say I particularly enjoyed tonight's run. I didn't make note of how long I ran, but I just felt GOOD while I was running. It was like a deep breath you take before settling down into a familiar routine. I dunno. The words are failing me here.

It's not like it's been a bad day. It's been busy, but not at the kind of pace where I feel like I'm drowning. And while I did (and continue to) have to do some after hours work, it's not really difficult work, it just has to be done during off hours. So I don't have anything much about which to complain.

But this run ... it just ... I don't know ... settled me down. I had some good tunes on my iPod. I had nice open sidewalks (only passed a few folks/dogs). The weather was a touch cool (around 55F at start time), but I like to run in that kind of weather. I was able to clear my head. And I spent much of the time thinking about my family.

Good times!

In addition to the fun run, I got my planks, squats, and burpees in for the Planks A Lot challenge. 1 min 5 seconds for each side plank. 2 minutes 5 seconds for a regular plank. 100 air squats and 6 burpees. I *hate* burpees. But I'm doing them. I hope someone, somewhere cares. :+P

No comments:

Post a Comment