Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10 - Crossfit Open WOD

So the Crossfit Opens have begun. This is a month of weekly workouts that lead to regional competitions.

For the super fit who can actually compete, you have someone take a video of you doing the workout and you send it in by the weekly deadline. You earn points based on your performance and at the end of the month, those with the most points for each region come together for in-person competitions. And you try to advance from that point through the various levels until you reach the finals of the Crossfit Games in California.

For mere mortals, like the two of us, it means a month of killer workouts to humble you and make you question your fitness goals.

OK, that's a bit harsh, but I am hurting tonight after giving this first open WOD a try.

So are you ready to see what I'm crying about?

The 13.1 Open WOD consists of:
40 - burpees
30 - snatches
30 - burpees
30 - snatches
20 - burpees
30 - snatches
10 - burpees
As many snatches as you can in the time remaining

The goal is to see how far you can get in 17 minutes.

I managed the first four sets and then 19 reps (out of the 20 I was shooting for) of the 5th set in the 17 minutes. That means I did 89 burpees and 60 snatches.

Why, when I type that out does it seem so .... Insignificant? This WOD truly kicked my TAIL. I don't know what else to say? I am totally wiped out! And I can tell already that I am going to hurt for some time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment