Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 27 - WOD

Today was our "back in the saddle" day. And while we are both still very sore (especially through our legs), we both agreed it was time to get back on track with our workouts. After searching crossfit.com, we picked the following for our WOD:

AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 12 minutes of the following exercises:
4 - Shoulder Presses
8 - Sumo Dead-lift High Pulls
12 - Front Squats

The prescribed weight was 75# for each exercise. And for a change, we actually used the PRESCRIBED weight! Confession: Yes, I did practically break my arm patting myself on the back for that one. What can I say? It felt GOOD to finally be able to complete the WOD with the prescribed weights!

I managed 6 full rounds plus one more set of 4 shoulder presses in the 12 minute time limit. That gave me a "score" of 148. I'm good with that.

Of course, I can't finish a single WOD without feeling run down and this was no exception. In fact, I pushed through my 6th round hard and fast to make sure I made it by the end of the 12 minutes. And now my shoulder (my old nemesis) is already starting to fuss at me. I guess at my age there's always some body part that is complaining. I'm going to hit the Advil and then do my best to ignore it.

Tomorrow we have a soccer game and then it gets pretty quiet for the Easter weekend. I think that should give us plenty of time to get back on schedule. (If I can move after this WOD). LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment