Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 17 - Ug

UG. That's the word of the day.

I have barely moved from the couch today. And when I have moved, I have regretted it.

Case in point, the soccer game. This was a make up game for the one we had where the ref never showed up. So the only time they could work in a make up game was on the Sunday at the tail end of Spring Break. And yes, you guessed it, that means most of the players and their families had plans for this weekend that did not include soccer.

So despite my legs screaming at me every time I even twitched, we crawled off the couch and made our way to the soccer pitch. Only a handful of players from our team were able to make it. So by the time the game started, we were lucky to have 1 substitute to spell weary players.

The game was ugly. There's just no other word for it. We got stomped. Everyone seamed as worn out as we were feeling. And we looked true to our team name (the Injured Reserves).

Oh well. The next game isn't until Thursday, so we've got a few days to shake this one off and hope that the rest of the team makes it out for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment