Saturday, March 23, 2013

March 23 - WOD

We made what has become a rare appearance at the gym today to get in our WOD. We decided to try our hand at the 13.3 open WOD and it called for wall balls (here's an example). We don't really have the set up for wall balls, so we thought we'd use our gym membership for a change. :+)

The 13.3 Open WOD calls for the following:
As many reps of the following as possible in 12 minutes:
150 - Wall Balls (14# ball, 9' target)
90 - Double-Unders
30 - Muscle-Ups

Now, I'll be honest, I have not yet worked up to double-unders. So for that part of the work out, we substituted regular jump rope revolutions. I also cannot do muscle ups. For that, the plan was to do pullups and/or dips. But we need not have worried as we didn't get to the muscle ups. (*sigh*)

I managed to do the 150 wall balls and then 35 turns of the jump rope in my allocated 12 minutes.

I know I say it ALL THE TIME, but that just doesn't sound like much when I see it typed out there. But it was TOUGH! And I spent the whole 12 minutes that Wonder Dad was doing his set laid out on the gym floor. The Wall Balls were a lot more difficult than I had thought they would be. It wasn't a matter of getting the 14# ball high enough - I really didn't have much trouble with that part. But catching the ball was very jarring. My shoulders were NOT happy with me. And let's face it, 150 squats, even without any added weight are always tiring.

So ... my thoughts on 13.3?

Well ... it's another killer WOD but I am really happy with myself for pushing through as far as I could.

Now to head to the soccer field to watch Wonder Boy play! Should be a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment