Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 28 - GOOOOOOOAL!

What a night on the soccer pitch it has been! Can I get a "whoop!", please?!

We had another of our crazy Thursday nights around here. After work/school, we took some time to rest and catch our breath before the fun started. By 6:30pm we were loaded up and headed to the soccer fields. Wonder Boy's practice started at 7pm. We dropped Wonder Dad off at the adult fields and then crossed the park to the kids' fields. As there are no games this weekend (Easter is coming), I expected it to be a pretty sparse practice and that was an understatement - only 5 kids managed to show (& one of those is the coach's son). Coach managed to find another team with low participation and arranged a fun scrimmage for the kids who made it out.

Wonder Boy played like he was ON FIRE! He didn't score, but he had 2 assists and was covering the whole field, it seemed! We packed it in a few minutes early (7:45) so that we could book it back across the park to the adult game. I knew our team would also be short handed. We have several who are out injured and a few others who just couldn't work the game into their schedules.

We arrived just a few minutes before the end of the first half. Wonder Dad was already on the score board, having snagged himself a goal while the boy and I were at practice! And after just a few minutes of me hitting the pitch, he placed a perfect ball at my feet. In fact, it was so perfectly place, I could barely believe it and my shot sailed just wide of the goal.

But fortunately, I would get another crack at it just a few minutes into the 2nd half. Again, it was Wonder Dad that put the ball right where I needed it. The goalie had come WAY out so a quick touch, just out of his reach and I managed to log my first (& probably only) goal of the season!

It's not often a defender like myself gets a chance to score! And though I am already SUPER SORE, I am floating on air regardless. :+)

We've got a bit more than a week off before our next game so I am just going to soak up this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment