Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb 11 - WOD

Doing a little better today though still coughing a lot more than I would like. Despite that, we managed a full compliment in our workout.

First, I managed to hold a 2 minute and 30 second plank followed by 50 squats for the Planks A Lot challenge. I was only shooting to hit 2 minutes today, kind of a break in day, so I felt pretty good that I made it to 2:30. The 50 squats weren't too bad either. Could have kept going but I've been low on energy and didn't want to push it.

Our WOD for today was 7 sets of hanging squat cleans, 2 reps each. If you have never seen a hanging squat clean, check out this quick video. I started at 65 lbs and worked my way up in 5 lb increments, ending at 95 lbs. I'm good with that for today. I barely managed the last rep. But I think that's good. I pushed myself, but not so hard that wasn't able to finish the WOD.

Finally, we finished up with 50 Sumo Crunches for the Feb Fab Abs Challenge. I'll admit, I felt like this one was pretty dorky and am glad only Wonder Dad was watching me get through them.

I really hope I can manage some sleep tonight because tomorrow is a run day and I really don't want to wimp out on it after being sedentary for so many days.

No comments:

Post a Comment