Friday, February 1, 2013

Feb 1 - a Challenging Month

This month, I plan to continue to try to keep up with my pal Wendy over at One Tough Mother Runner and her Planks a Lot daily challenge. This month she's adding squats to the agenda. I'm going to keep to air squats for that part of the challenge and see how many I can build up, going unbroken, after I finish my plank each day.

Today I hit another personal best on my plank: 2 minutes and 25 seconds! I was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane though. And I was glad to do something different when I finished with my 30 squats. Not a bad effort in between meetings.

The other challenge for this month is another that will target my abs. It's called the Delta Life Fab Abs February. The goal is to complete 28 different ab movements in 28 days. So they pick one exercise per day and you do 50 repetitions of that one move. Today we have "donkey crunches." Wonder Dad is doing this one with me, so we plan to add it to the end of our WOD each day.

Hopefully we will both come out on the other side of February with some seriously improved abs!

No comments:

Post a Comment