Saturday, February 2, 2013

Feb 2 - WOD

Today was one of those days that just wasn't quite what we had planned.

First though, we have to back up to last night since that is where we started to get off track. Our plan had been to get in our WOD so that we could take a road trip "back home" the next day to enjoy some barbecue ribs with my dad for a late birthday celebration. But as the day ore on, Wonder Dad and I both just started feeling really run down. It had been a long week both at work and in our workouts. And we were feeling it. So we decided to take it easy and rest so that we could pick it back up after our little road trip.

We turned off the alarm clock and gave ourselves a chance to wake up once we were rested. We haven't done that in weeks and it felt great! I woke up feeling e best I have in days and started in on breakfast. It didn't take long though to find out that I was the only one feeling that way. Wonder Dad had taken a turn for the worse over night.

So that changed our day quite considerably. We called my dad to reschedule and switched gears to focus on needs around the house. I don't regret one minute of it. And by late afternoon, Wonder Dad felt well enough to attempt our WOD with me.

Today's WOD was made up of 3 exercises: pull ups, dead lifts, and box jumps. For each round, we were supposed to do 30 reps of each exercise. And the goal was to do 3 rounds in as little time as possible. That breaks down to 90 pull-ups, 90 dead lifts (135#), and 90 box jumps.

In true crossfit fashion, this totally kicked my bum! It took me a bit over 25 minutes to make it through all 3 rounds. I am making some improvements on my pull-ups though. I was able to do about 10 unassisted reps in each 30 rep set. That is a fairly nice improvement for me and it makes me hopeful for future progress.

When we finished our workouts, I tried to work in a plank, but my body totally gave out by the time I hit 2 minutes. That was kind of disappointing. But at least I did something.

For the "Fab Abs" challenge, we were actually a day behind since we took the night off last night. So we decided to catch up and do a set for yesterday (50 donkey crunches) and a set for today (50 bicycles). We should be back on track for everything tomorrow, but I am pretty pleased with our efforts from today, even when not feeling our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment