Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekend Round Up

I'm afraid I had another one of those "need to unplug" weekends. It started with an awfully long work day on Friday (6am-ish to 11pm). And that just took the steam out of me.

I'm happy to report that, while I didn't do any blogging over that period, I still got in most of my workouts.

On Friday, the long work day caused us to forgo our crossfit work out, but at least I managed to work in my planks/squats. I decided to mix things up a bit since I had actually met my goal of a 3 minute plank on Thursday. So this time, I did a 1 minute side plank on my left, a 1 minute side plank on my right, and a 1 minute "regular" plank. The side planks are H-A-R-D. I guess they will be my new challenge. I followed that up with 90 squats. The squats felt pretty good.

On Saturday, we made it to the gym for the first time in what feels like eons. We did a "traditional" strength workout featuring squats and bench presses. We made gains on every exercise! This made me feel really good as I know we are not losing any strength with the switch to our home-based workouts.

And on Sunday, we wrapped things up with 5 loops around our street for a total of 3.5 miles. We picked up the pace considerably from our Valentine's Day run and did the 3.5 miles in 26 minutes. And except for the last lap, we shaved almost a whole minute off of each lap compared to what we ran on Thursday. THAT made me feel pretty good!

Let's hope we can keep this momentum going into the new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment