Thursday, February 14, 2013

Feb 14 - Happy Heart Day

What can I say? It's been a good day! I actually stayed in bed ALL NIGHT last night. I can't say I'm caught up on sleep, but dang it, it felt good to not spend half the night on the couch hoping to not disturb the rest of the family with my coughs.

Then this morning I decided to push a bit harder and get all the way to the 3 minute mark for my daily plank. It hurt like heck, but I figured it would lessen the guilt I would feel after a Valentine's lunch date with Wonder Dad. I followed up the plank with 80 squats and went to lunch feeling pretty pleased with myself.

At lunch I ate only a portion of my entree. That means I have some great leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

To cap off the day, we did one of our little "couple runs" here in the neighborhood. We did four loops around our street. Took us 24 minutes to do 2.8 miles. Not a tough pace, but enough to feel like we're starting to move again. I know Wonder Dad was ready for a more brisk pace, but my lungs were just not ready for it yet. We had a good time though. And after so many sick days, it was good to get moving again.

All in all, there was quite a bit today that made my heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment