Monday, February 18, 2013

Feb 18 - WOD

Today's WOD featured kettle bells! So this gave us our first opportunity to use the KBs we picked up at the end of February (at the Fringe Sports garage sale.

The goal was to do as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes. Each round was made up of:
10 - Kettle Bell Swings
10 - Box Jumps
10 - Ring Dips

As with all of our crossfit workouts, this one was SUPER TOUGH! And the hardest part (for me) was the ring dips. I have worked my shoulder strength/stability back up to where I can do a decent dip on a dip stand, but the ring dips were another matter all together. I couldn't do a single good dip, so I opted to do negatives. I could have switched to the dip stand, but I figure I have to start building up the stabilizing muscles that are needed for the ring dips. I probably need to dig out the paralletes and do some L-sits as well. But I'll tackle that on another day.

The box jumps went much better today. I don't know if I am starting to get comfortable with this new box or if I am getting stronger. Maybe it's a combination of both (I hope). But I was glad that this was not the stumbling block (yes, pun intended) that it has been in the last few workouts.

We finished off our WOD with 50 v-sit ups. Those are always tough! But we did them. So I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment