Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Guilty Pleasure

As part of this fitter/better New Year deal, I've been avoiding a lot of my favorite treats. Unfortunately, I am just not the type that can indulge in moderation. I don't keep my favorite sweet drink (Dr. Pepper) in the house. And chocolate is something we keep at arm's length as well. Crackers and bar-b-que chips are also on the "keep away" list.

But I have found one treat that I can have in moderation that fills so many of my cravings.

Orange Juice!


I've taken to just calling it "liquid sunshine." It is certainly better for me than the soda that I crave. But this is one drink I can manged to not over indulge. How?, you might ask.

It's simple really. Though I truly love OJ (and oranges in general), I get heart burn when I over indulge. And there is nothing like that crazy burning sensation from stomach to tongue that will discourage you from imbibing too much or too often. I guess it doesn't hurt that I am the only family member that enjoys a big glass of that sweet, tangy sunshine. So we don't typically keep it in the house. And that means I have to make a special trip somewhere for my treat.

Regardless of the reasons, I am enjoying OJ more than I have ever done before. Once or twice a week I'll pick up a bottle and just inhale it. It leaves me feeling bright and bubbly, which is something I cannot say about my beloved Dr. Pepper. So for the time being, I plan to keep the occasional bottle of OJ as my not-so-guilty pleasure.

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment