Monday, February 4, 2013

Feb 4 - Inertia

Inertia, I have read, is the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest, or the tendency of an object to resist any change in its motion.

What that means for me is, after taking yesterday off for the most part, I have had a really tough time getting my body back in motion today. But despite feeling magnetically drawn to the couch, I actually checked a few things off my fitness to-do list today.

I did my plank (2 minutes & 30 seconds) followed by 40 squats for the Planks A Lot Challenge. Not a bad effort for a sleepy Monday morning.

And then this evening Wonder Boy and I took the pooch out for a neighborhood romp and then finished up with 50 - leg lifts and 50 - 90/90 crunches for the Delta Life Fab Abs Challenge.

I really did want to come home from the office and become one with the couch. And getting up off of it once I had settled down on it was NOT an easy thing to do. But I am feeling better about myself for having managed to overcome the inertia to get my body back in motion. Here's to continuing that into tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment