Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feb 5 - Crazy 8s

Today has been pretty good. Managed 2 minutes & 35 seconds on my plank and followed that up with 45 squats mid-morning. I have been doing this challenge at the point of the morning when I normally start to get the munchies. It happens that it is at this time of day when I am often getting out of meetings. It has just worked out this way but I am really thankful. I end up getting the challenge work in, it breaks up my morning, and staves off my sweet tooth.

This evening I was able to squeeze in a run between judo class and dinner. I was just running the loop that our street makes. And to mix things up a bit, I ran it a bit differently. Ya see, our street makes a loop, but there is another street that cuts the circle almost in half, so I used that to turn my circuit into a figure eight.

It's the little things, ya know. Just adding that extra turn made all the difference in the world. And I could feel an immediate change in my attitude. I even used that extra spark to push myself on the "hill" on the back stretch of the loop. Granted it's barely more than an incline, but it felt like a mountain on my 3rd loop around. And on my last lap I rewarded myself with a gentle pace after busting up that "hill" to finish my run.

And finally, I wrapped up the day's efforts with 50 oblique crunches for the February Fab Abs Challenge.

I plan to ride this new inertia wave as long as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment