Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Feb 19 - plank, jog, sprint

Each day I am starting to feel a bit more like myself. And that feels good!

Today I managed to squeeze in my planks between meetings. I am still trying to work on the side planks, so I held on for 1 min 5 seconds on each side and then did a regular plank for 1 min 5 secs as well.

After work, Wonder Dad and I did a quick 4 loops around our street. We finished in just about 20 minutes. We kept up a good place for most of the run, but the last lap was a bit slower (despite the fact that I felt like I was trying a lot harder). Oh well ...

Then we capped off the night with some sprints up and down the side lines during Wonder Boy's soccer practice. Our first game is just a week and a half away, so we figured we better start pushing the pace a bit.

We also have our first 5K of the year coming up in just under a month. We've decided to run the Warrior Dash again. We ran one last fall. And while we both completed the run as well as every obstacle, our times were ... well ... let's just say "less than spectacular."

I felt bad for Wonder Dad as he could have made better time, but he chose to stick by me throughout. And I'll be honest, I had to walk a bit of it. I had trained running the 5K distance, but the obstacles took a lot more out of me than I had bargained for. I am hoping to be better prepared this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment