Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Date Kept

You have probably guessed it by now, but I am not a big fan of running on the treadmill. If you haven't guessed that little fact, well, forget I said anything.

Seriously, there is just something about it. I don't seem to be able to find a comfortable gait.

But there are some days when the best option to meet my fitness goals is to keep my date with the treadmill. Today is one such day.

The new shoes (Brooks Pure Flow) are still keeping my feet happier than they have ever been on the treadmill. And maybe my problem today stems from the heavy deadlifts we did yesterday. I really don't know.

But whatever the case, I found it hard to get into a rhythm on the treadmill today. In order to break it up, I decided to run intervals. My overall distance worked out to be a touch shorter than usual (about 1.75 miles), but I was able to push some much higher tempos, even if for only a few minutes at a time. I am hoping it will help for my next road run.

Tomorrow we are back to our crossfit workouts and I will plunge back into the plank a day challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment