Friday, January 4, 2013

Jan 4 - WOD

Today's WOD is called "Mary."

1 round = 5 handstand push ups, 10 pistols (1-legged squats), & 15 pull-ups.

You are supposed to see how many rounds you can do in 20 minutes.

We decided to only do 10 minutes. That's a lot of shoulder work and mine is still very weak. Also, we are still working up to a full handstand push-up, so we do those with out feet on a box and our body kipped up in an inverted V. One more alteration for me - I am still rebuilding my strength up to doing this many pull-ups, so when I tire out, I do negatives (where I jump up to the bar and lower myself under control).

With all that said, I managed 5 rounds in the 10 minute time.

We followed it up with a 15 minute brisk walk on the treadmill.

All in all, not a bad workout. I hope I can drop a few pounds so that exercises like the pull-ups and handstand push-ups will start to get easier. In years past, I actually could do pull-ups with extra weight strapped on. I really want to get back to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment