Thursday, January 17, 2013

Not Bad

Today has been better than I expected. I have been really sore from last night's WOD. My abs screaming at me all day and the rest of my body slowly joining in on that chorus. :(

But despite the onset of second day soreness (a bit early, if you ask me), I managed a nice comfortable pace on the treadmill tonight. I finished 1.8 miles in 20 minutes and got dangerously close to the 2 mile mark walking to cool down afterward. The gym was ridiculously warm and I really wanted to quit after the first 10 minutes, but I'm really glad I held out to the end.

Before going to the gym, we took Wonder Boy to judo. There was a big rowdy class of kids there tonight and the head instructor was out. So Wonder Dad and I donned our gis and jumped on the mat to help. There was an odd number of kids so when it came time to pair them up for various exercises, I jumped in so no one was left out. I had fun w/ the kids. I always do, but it does mean that I ended up doing my fair share of pushups. And after last night's WOD, I really didn't want to do more pushups. :) Oh well, my body will adapt, right?

Oh! And I nearly forgot, I hit another new personal best on my plank today! 1 min 35 seconds! I tried playing some music with a bit more 'pep' to it and that helped. I was still trembling from head to foot through out, but I didn't start staring at my stop watch trying to will the seconds to fly by faster until about the 1:10 mark.

Of course, I did lay on the floor listening to my heart pound for a good minute afterward, but at least I got it done! Hopefully I can keep it up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment