Thursday, January 24, 2013

Man Up

I probably shouldn't be posting as I'm in a fussy mood. But I am hoping that this will help me to just "man up" and snap out of it.

Why am I out of sorts?

Wonder Dad and I indulged in another run together after judo tonight.

Except it wasn't exactly "together." Plain and simple, I couldn't keep pace. Sure, I managed a MUCH better time than usual. But watching him drift further and further away while my legs & lungs screamed at me only frustrated me and left me ready to just call it off.

Is that childish or what?

So I am putting it here to give myself a virtual kick in the pants for being a big baby.

Be happy with your improved time. Not very run "together" will be a time to laugh and talk. Sometimes it's actually about pushing yourself.

Now that THAT is done, I also improved on my plank time today: 1 minute 55 seconds. Tomorrow's goal is 2 full minutes! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment