Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Comfort Cravings

Today has been a study in migraine abatement. :( I've been stuck in budget meetings for hours on end and my head is pounding.

And I'll admit, what I wanted, more than just about anything when I got out of that conference room was to head straight to the vending machine for some comfort. Specifically, I wanted a Dr. Pepper and something chocolate.

Instead, I stopped by to see Wonder Dad and soak up a good hug. After that, I did actually visit the vending machine. But I did not succumb to my cravings. Not entirely. I splurged on a bottle of orange juice. Like liquid sunshine! And then I went outside INTO the sunshine to enjoy it.

I can't say I'm exactly recovered (especially with all that I still have to get done today). But I'm feeling much better. Equally as well as I would have with the chocolate and caffeine, maybe even better than that would have afforded. At least this way, I don't feel guilty for giving in to my comfort cravings.

Need to find a WOD for tonight. Hope to stay on track despite the trials of the work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment