Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jan 29 - OTM

Typically, Tuesdays are run days, but my knees are still pretty unhappy with me from last night's WOD. So tonight we changed it up a bit and stayed for the adult judo class after Wonder Boy was done with his class.

It was a really nice chane of pace and we got to use some muscle groups that have been a little neglected with our current crossfit routine.

The nicest part for me though was that I can feel the difference that the crossfit workouts have made in the last few months. Usually after a few months of being off the mat, the first class back will leave my shoulder aching for days. But tonight's class actually helped my shoulder loosen up after all those thrusters we did yesterday.

It felt good to be back "on the mat" as more than an assistant during the kids' class. And I am looking forward to our next opportunity to get some quality mat time.

And don't think I neglected today's plank! I managed to hold for 2 minutes and 10 seconds today. I listened to music while planking. I tried to sing along (in my head, as I was at work) in order to take my mind off the hold. If helped some. But it still felt like it lasted way too long. Not sure what I could do to distract me for much longer times.

No comments:

Post a Comment