Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Pretty Good Day

I was replaying the day, trying to get a feel for my efforts so far.

This week has been trying at best, especially where work is concerned. And to be honest, I am tired. Tired to the point where I didn't feel much like exercise of any sort.

But despite my reticence, today has actually gone pretty well.

First off, I managed 65 seconds for my daily plank - that's a new personal record! I hope I can keep on improving. My whole body was shaking throughout the whole hold.

Secondly, Wonder Boy had a belt test at judo tonight and he did simply fantastic! He's been the top ranked student in the kids class for more than a year now. He has grown and matured so much in the nearly 6 years he's been studying judo. To see the confident leader of the class that he has become makes my heart swell with pride!

And finally, after judo, we had to make the choice on whether to head straight home or to buckle down and get to the gym and hit the treadmill. We both really wanted to go home and get some rest. But we both knew we would regret it if we did that.

So in the end, we trudged to the gym. We got on our treadmills and did our 20 minutes.

There is a moral victory just in stepping on the treadmill. But thankfully, it doesn't end with just a moral victory. My new shoes felt GREAT on the treadmill! I started slow to get a feel for them, but the longer I ran, the better they felt! Instead of walk/run intervals like I normally do on the treadmill, I was able to to build from start to finish. And when my time was done, I felt the best I have felt all day.

So despite the weary week, today turned out to be a pretty good one on the fitness front for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment