Monday, January 28, 2013

Jan 28 - WOD

I think I m going to christen this WOD "OMAK" (Oh, My Aching Knees).

But to be honest, this WOD had more than my knees crying for mercy. Let me explain why ...

The OMAK workout looks like this:
* 15 "heavy" thrusters (75#, for me)
* 200M run
* 20 "medium" thrusters (65#, for me)
* 400M run
* 30 "light" thrusters (55#, for me)
* 800M run

This took me 16 minutes and 15 seconds. And it was a hard fought 16+ minutes! It is so very hard to breathe during the thrusters that it makes even the short 200M run daunting.

I struggled throughout. And there was a point during the last run when I wanted nothing more than to sit down and gasp for air like a fish out of water. And though I fear I was super slow on that run, I did not stop, not even to walk.

So I am happy with today's results.

To top it off, I managed a new PR in my daily plank: 2 min 5 sec. I am not sure I will be able to continue adding 5 seconds per day, but I am very happy to have passed the 2 minute mark. I did not truly believe I would ever top that mark.

So while today was a tough start to the week, it was also a successful start.

Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment