Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jan 3 - quick jog

Since yesterday was our off day, today we made it to the gym for a quick jog on the treadmill. It gave me a chance to try out my new running shoes (a Christmas gift from my guys!). I love my new shoes (Mizuno Wave Inspire) and had a chance to start breaking them in last week and they did GREAT. But that was outside on pavement. And I did NOT like running in them on the treadmill.

OK, I don't particularly like running on the treadmill in general. I find something unnatural about my gait when on the dang machine and it almost always makes my knees hurt. But after only about 5 minutes today my feet were screaming at me.

So lesson of the day? These shoes are for outside running only. I'll stick to my Asics when I am stuck on the treadmill.

Even with my feet hurting, we managed a 20 minute jog at a light pace. I hope to get in a neighborhood run at some point over the weekend, but may have to go back to the treadmill at least once as rain is predicted to start later tonight and last for the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. With ice/snow covered sidewalks and -20 to -25F temps, I have little choice but to use the treadmill these days, thankful to have one.... but... give me open roads and trails any day! I use Asics - no issues road/treadmill wise...

    ReplyDelete