Monday, January 7, 2013

Jan 7 - WOD

Today's WOD is called "Loredo." It's a hero workout (so needless to sy, I needed my inhaler before it was done).

We did 3 rounds (you are supposed to do 5). Each round consists of 24 body weight squats, 24 push-ups, 24 walking lunges, & a 400 meter run. Our run was a touch longer (about .35 miles). My time was 16 minutes 6 seconds.

I have to say that I really like this workout! First off, this is one of those that you don't need any special equipment what so ever to complete. We did this one in our garage and the run was up and down our street. The weather was great! We had a temp of about 55F as we started. It dropped a bit as the sun went down but not a lot. Very comfy outside weather.

Another bonus is that Wonder Boy joined us tonight. He worked out at the same time as I did. He left me in the dust during the run portion, but I caught back up during the strength portion. We finished less than a second apart (him first!).

And finally, I got a chance to try out my new shoes (Brooks Pure flow) and I LOVE them! They are light and flexible and I think they're really cute too. Makes me happy.

All in all, a really enjoyable workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment